Postpartum Mental Wellness
The miracle of pregnancy and childbirth is wondrous. However, it is not uncommon that women experience this life transition as a time of increased stress, and for some women, symptoms of anxiety and/or depression begin to impact their overall functioning
Varying from woman to woman, emotional changes during the post-partum period can range from less severe “tearing up” for a couple of weeks after the baby’s delivery to quite taxing, or even frightening, emotional outbursts and mood swings. Feelings of happiness and love for your newborn may be accompanied by feelings of helplessness, sadness, and anxiety.
Here are some other helpful tips to achieve mental wellness post delivery:
- Rest as much as you can. Sleep when the baby is sleeping.
- Indulge in exercises
- Don’t try to do too much or try to be perfect.
- Ask your partner, family, and friends for help.
- Make time to go out, visit friends, or spend time alone with your partner.
- Discuss your feelings with your partner, family, and friends.
- Talk with other mothers so you can learn from their experiences.
- Join a support group. Ask your doctor about groups in your area.
- Don’t make any major life changes during pregnancy or right after giving birth. Major changes can cause unneeded stress. Sometimes big changes can’t be avoided. When that happens, try to arrange support and help in your new situation ahead of time.
Cucciku recommend these products for wellness, relaxation and retreat.
+ Calming Herbal Blend Paste: –
It refreshes tired eyes and mind due to lack of sleep / stress. Also helps in relieving migraine.
+ Herbal Bath: –
The Herbal Wash is made using a mixture of herbs which has anti-bacterial, anti-septic, anti-inflammatory, and warming properties.You can enjoy it in a few ways, i.e as a final rinse, as a sponge bath or even as a soak in a bath tub. Having a Herbal Bath has been described as having a spa within your own bathroom due to its aromatherapy which has a wonderful uplifting effect too.