Postpartum Healthcare & Beauty Tips
Postpartum Mental Wellness
The miracle of pregnancy and childbirth is wondrous. However, it is not uncommon that women experience this life transition as a time of increased stress, and for some women, symptoms of anxiety and/or depression begin to impact their overall functioning…..
Post Baby Slim-Down
Every new mom is eager to look like her old self again post pregnancy; but one of the most important things to remember is to be patient with yourself. “It took nine months to get there. It should take at least that long to get back there.”
With that in mind, here are some tips to help you lose weight after pregnancy
- Dont diet
If you eat less you will not only be shortchanging yourself, you’ll be shortchanging your baby. You can’t produce quality milk if you are not eating enough…..
After delivery, hormone fluctuations can cause a variety of skin issues — from acne to blotchy discolorations. The first few months can be very exhausting and busy taking care of the baby but here are some really simple tips which mothers can follow during that busy schedule.
- Cleansing:- Wash away excess oil with a mild cleanser twice daily
- Apply moisturizer after washing
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day. This will help support liver function, as well, helping to stabilise your hormones……
Post Pregnancy Massage
Cucciku’s Post partum massages are immensely nurturing and relaxing and are designed to help:
1) Internal Cleansing: – Post Pregnancy massage expels ‘lochia’ or dirty blood and trapped winds & Toxins.
2) Decrease swelling: – During pregnancy there is increase of about 50% in fluid volume. After pregnancy body fluids need to find balance. Massage increases blood circulation and lymphatic drainage to facilitate elimination of excess fluids and waste products. Tissue stimulation assists the body to shift water to the right places…..
We at Cucciku believe baby massage offers both parents and infants a special time of communication that fosters love, compassion, and respect. We recommend parents to massage their babies 2-3 times weekly until the age of 1 at least. There are several mental, physical and emotional aspects contributing to a baby’s development during a massage such as:-
•It improves general well-being such as normalizing muscle tone , improving blood circulation & enhancing immune system function.
•It improves overall functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
• Promotes relaxation and helps babies self-regulate calm, which reduces crying
• It Improves midline orientation
• Helps to improve sensory and body awareness
• Enhances neurological development
• Helps baby/child to sleep deeper and more soundly
• Helps to increase oxygen and nutrient flow to cells. Improves respiration
• Helps to improve pain management; can relieve discomfort from teething…..