What are the Benefits of Baby Massage?
We at Cucciku believe baby massage offers both parents and infants a special time of communication that fosters love, compassion, and respect. We recommend parents to massage their babies 2-3 times weekly until the age of 1 at least. There are several mental, physical and emotional aspects contributing to a baby’s development during a massage such as:-
•It improves general well-being such as normalizing muscle tone , improving blood circulation & enhancing immune system function.
•It improves overall functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
• Promotes relaxation and helps babies self-regulate calm, which reduces crying
• It Improves midline orientation
• Helps to improve sensory and body awareness
• Enhances neurological development
• Helps baby/child to sleep deeper and more soundly
• Helps to increase oxygen and nutrient flow to cells. Improves respiration
• Helps to improve pain management; can relieve discomfort from teething
•Helps with congestion, gas, and colic.
• Enhances release of hormones in the body. The growth hormone can be stimulated which helps weight gain.
• Reduces levels of cortisol, the stress hormone
• Provides all of the essential indicators of intimate parent-infant bonding and attachment: eye-to-eye, touch, voice, smell, movement, and thermal regulation.
• Stimulates all of the physiological systems. Massage sparks the neurons in their brains to grow and branch out to encompass other neurons.